Cyber4Kids. Cyber security tips for kids and parents on mobile games (ep.1)
Tablets and phones are available to most 7+ year olds and this is no longer a secret. But do we, as parents, know how to properly manage and supervise the way children use these mobile devices?
In the first episode of Cyber4Kids - certSIGN's cyber education campaign for children, we bring to the fore a series of useful tips for both children and adults, regarding mobile games. We talk about checking and installing new games, protecting personal data, talking to other players, setting up parental control, avoiding accidental purchases and much more in:
• Video Animation "Cyber4Kids. We play safely (ep.1)"
• PDF Guide "Cyber4Kids. Lesson 1. Mobile games, safely"
Important to remember?
• New games must be installed with and verified by parents.
• When choosing a name to enter the game, it is good to avoid using the child's real name or date of birth.
• If another player asks for details about their real name, address, place of learning or any other personal information, the little ones must know not to answer.
• Although tablet or mobile phones games are part of children's favorite activities, we must not forget that playing outdoors with friends is the best remedy for boredom!
About Cyber4Kids. certSIGN’s cyber education campaign for children
For 8 weeks, on certSIGN YouTube channel, children and parents will be connected together to new adventures in Cyber City - the capital of the Internet - within the Cyber4Kids campaign. A series of animated videos, created especially to please the little ones but also to make adults aware of the unseen dangers of the online environment, will contain tips and rules for accessing sites or online games, downloading applications or how to build high-security passwords, as well as many other interesting things.
The action takes place in Cyber City and the main character is your child, a Super Cyber-Hero, who will collect during the campaign a bunch of "magic objects" to help him grow safely and overcome all obstacles in the virtual world.
The short-movies are accompanied by guides with tips for children and parents and a contest with LEGO prizes starting on September 28, 2020, in the Guerrilla de Dimineață radio show.