Electronic archiving is an essential step for companies that want 100% digital business flows. In fact, it only makes sense that, once you have electronically signed documents, you keep them in the same format! And even if you have older documents on paper (especially considering that the law requires that certain financial-accounting and HR documents be kept in the archives for quite long periods – see how long here), they can be scanned and archived electronically with legal value!
But let’s better see exactly how companies can work with such digital documents and what functionalities are integrated in the certARCHIVE electronic archiving solution, offered by certSIGN!
Electronic archiving for companies. Functionalities
1. WHAT? The content. Electronic archiving allows an extremely large variety of content to be transferred and stored in electronic format. Virtually any file format can be stored:
• scanned images of paper documents created with Office text editors (DOC, DOCX, TXT, RTF, etc.)
• spreadsheets (XLS, XLSX, etc.)
• presentations (PPT, PPTX, etc.)
• CAD drawings
• video files (AVI, MPG, etc.)
• audio files (MP3, WAV, etc.)
• graphic files (BMP, JPG, GIF, PNG, TIFF, etc.)
• text files (PDF, PDF / A, HTML, etc.)
2. WHERE? Indexing. When a document or folder is added to the arborescent structure of the electronic archive, it is indexed using keywords related to the author, creation date, version, description, type, current status, etc. This information is essential to find a certain document extremely easy and fast – a kind of "Google" for all your business documents! Much simpler than searching for papers or folders in drawers or files, isn't it?
3. WHO? Access rights. But this "Google" is not public throughout the organization, there is the possibility of restricting access to electronically archived files, depending on the type of user and the role of the person in the company. Access rights can be set by the system administrator from the folder level, to documents and even to the index field level. Thus, each user can access only the content to which he is entitled, and on the content can only perform those operations that are associated with the user profile.
4. HOW? Import and export of documents. The system allows the automatic export and import of an electronic archive or only a certain part of it.