Did you know that, on average, children in Romania between the ages of 9 and 16 spend 178 minutes a day on the Internet? And according to these data extracted from the EU Kids Online 2020 study, in these three hours, 49% of children access social networks. But do we also know what the little ones post on the Internet all this time spent online? If not, then you should! Just as they should understand that the Internet does not forget and what it publishes now (comments, pictures, movies, etc.) will remain there, available to anyone, for a long time.
That's why in the new episode of Cyber4Kids we talk about maintaining a positive online reputation, with a direct impact on the offline one:
• Video animation "Cyber4Kids . The Internet never forgets (ep.5)"
• PDF Guide "Cyber4Kids. Lesson 5. The Internet never forgets"
Important to remember?
• Children need to understand that posts that seem okay to them now may not seem as fun when they grow up. Neither for them nor for others – because anyone will be able to find anything they posted, 10 or even 20 years ago, judge them or laugh at them! Also, even people who don't know them will be able to find out a lot of information about them online and make a wrong opinion!
• Removing digital content can range from very simple (with a simple click on the "Delete" option) to very difficult (requiring search engines or website owners to remove it) to impossible – we have almost no control over how the online community uses our data and published content (who downloads, copies or makes available elsewhere).
• Each piece of information contributes to the way we are perceived, with potential negative repercussions in the medium and long term. For example, multiple colleges and companies search the Internet before accepting candidates, and information about us can be found by any stranger, more or less well-intentioned. Maintaining a positive reputation both online and offline is essential!
About Cyber4Kids. certSIGN’s cyber education campaign for children
For 8 weeks, on certSIGN YouTube channel, children and parents are connected together to new adventures in Cyber City – the capital of the Internet – within the Cyber4Kids campaign. A series of animated videos, created especially to please the little ones but also to make adults aware of the unseen dangers of the online environment, will contain tips and rules for accessing sites or online games, downloading applications or how to build high-security passwords, as well as many other interesting things.
The action takes place in Cyber City and the main character is your child, a Super Cyber-Hero, who will collect during the campaign a bunch of "magic objects" to help him grow safely and overcome all obstacles in the virtual world.
The adventures in the city of superheroes can be watched on cyber4kids.ro and on certSIGN social channels – YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter. The short-movies are accompanied by guides with tips for children and parents.