According to the EU Kids Online 2020 study, in the last year, about a quarter of children in Romania, aged between 9 and 16, had their devices (phones, tablets, computers) affected by viruses or spyware. One of the main causes may be the natural curiosity of the little ones, who can easily access malicious links or download games from unknown websites, especially in the absence of precautions and basic knowledge of cyber hygiene.
That's why in the fourth episode of the Cyber4Kids children's cyber education series, we talk about surfing the Internet and accessing links, sites, and emails in:
• Video animation "Cyber4Kids. Dangerous links (ep.4)"
• PDF Guide "Cyber4Kids. Lesson 4. Dangerous links"
Important to remember?
• Children need to understand the risks they are exposed to – simply accessing a link / website or downloading an attachment can lead to the automatic installation of malware on the device. They can give other people access to their phone, tablet or computer.
• Checking the authenticity of the links, sites and e-mails received can be done by following several aspects – displaying a padlock in front of the URL, the concordance between the URL and the information on the page, etc.;
• Installing an antivirus solution, which includes a real-time scanning engine, firewall and automatic update, is essential. Such a solution helps against problems such as spyware and viruses on the sites that your child accesses.
• With the help of a parental control solution (for both mobile and desktop devices) the child's Internet experience can be monitored – from the time allowed to spend it online, to the applications and websites used / accessed.
About Cyber4Kids. certSIGN’s cyber education campaign for children
For 8 weeks, on certSIGN YouTube channel, children and parents are connected together to new adventures in Cyber City – the capital of the Internet – within the Cyber4Kids campaign. A series of animated videos, created especially to please the little ones but also to make adults aware of the unseen dangers of the online environment, will contain tips and rules for accessing sites or online games, downloading applications or how to build high-security passwords, as well as many other interesting things.
The action takes place in Cyber City and the main character is your child, a Super Cyber-Hero, who will collect during the campaign a bunch of "magic objects" to help him grow safely and overcome all obstacles in the virtual world.
The short-movies are accompanied by guides with tips for children and parents and a contest with LEGO prizes starting on September 28, 2020, in the Guerrilla de Dimineață radio show.