Here are a few things you should know about the SafeNet device
It is not a memory stick.
It is a cryptographic device (token) that can only store your digital certificate and its keys.
To prevent anyone else from using your digital certificate, your token is protected by a PIN code. This PIN code is printed in the letter you received from certSIGN (see example here).
Remember your PIN code and do not disclose it to anyone!
The device will lock if you enter the wrong PIN code 3 consecutive times. To unlock it, follow the steps described in the chapter Unlocking the device.
Do not delete any object from the token! If you delete the certificate or its keys, you will need to buy a new certificate.
Installing the SafeNet device
IMPORTANT: DO NOT connect the token to the computer before the installation is complete!
To install all drivers and applications required to use the digital certificate, follow these steps:
1. Download the latest driver version for your token from HERE.
2. Save the certsign.exe file to your computer.
3. Double-click the saved file (certsign.exe) to begin the installation.
4. In the window that appears on the screen, check the “Sunt de acord cu Termenii de utilizare a licenței” box (I agree to the License Terms).
5. Select SAFENET from the list of devices.
6. After completing the installation process, connect the token to the computer.
Verify the import of the certificate into Internet Explorer
The digital certificate is imported automatically in your operating system the first time you connect the cryptographic device to your computer. You can check whether the certificate was imported, as follows:
1. Open Internet Explorer.
2. In the menu bar, click on Tools and select Internet Options.
3. In the next window select the Content tab and click on Certificates.
4. In the Personal tab you will see the imported certificate.
29 A Tudor Vladimirescu Blvd, AFI Tech Park 1, S5, Bucharest, Romania
107A Oltenitei Avenue, S4,